Helen's Tae Kwon Do journey has run alongside her academic and professional career, as she started training in Oxford as a teenager, began teaching in Reading during her time as a student at the University and started our Wokingham academy while qualifying as a solicitor.
Known for her highly aesthetic technical knowledge and ability, Helen is able to inspire students by example to become the best practitioners possible. Her attention to detail encourages students to set high standards for themselves, physically, mentally and technically.
Helen teaches at Wokingham
- I took up Tae Kwon Do in 2000 and started teaching in 2005. I spent a year living and training in France and Austria in 2004-2005
- Outside of TKD, my interests include yoga, travelling, cooking/baking and generally trying all things foodie.
- In 2015 I fulfilled a lifetime ambition of going on safari in Africa
- My husband (also a black belt in TKD) and I also ride horses (a bit, badly) and do Latin American and Ballroom dancing (slightly less badly)
- My sporting heroes include Jessica Ennis and Valentino Rossi